About Us

Our Story Began in 1985

Three decades ago, APRO embarked on its journey in Singapore, emerging as a leading manpower guarding security business under the ownership of two multinational giants. Initially, Inchcape Bhd held a 51% stake while TEAB Security Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Swedish Telecom, owned the remaining 49%.

In 1991 and again in 2008, APRO underwent significant transformations through Management Buyouts, led by Bobby and Geok, transitioning into a fully Singaporean-owned and managed entity. Despite the departure of Inchcape and the Swedish Telecom subsidiary, their influence remained embedded within APRO’s DNA, enriching the company with best practices in Operations and Human Resource Management.

The evolution from multinational ownership to a proudly Singaporean identity has empowered APRO to better serve its clientele. With a comprehensive understanding of local culture coupled with insights gleaned from international expertise, APRO stands as a beacon of excellence in the security industry.

Today, APRO stands as a testament to resilience and adaptability, equipped to deliver comprehensive security solutions with unrivaled expertise and a deep-rooted commitment to safeguarding our clients’ interests.

Board of Directors

From Left – Xiaoping, Xiaowen, Geok Keow and Bobby Lee (seated)

APRO’s Mission

To deliver consistent, unparalleled service excellence as security specialists with utmost honesty, professionalism and proficiency

Our Journey

APRO achieves another milestone, earning a spot on The Straits Times’ list of “Singapore’s Fastest Growing Companies 2022,” affirming its position as a leader in the security industry.


APRO’s dedication to excellence is recognized as it becomes a recipient of the prestigious Enterprise 50 Award.



Covid-19 Pandemic

Navigating the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic, APRO demonstrates resilience and adaptability in safeguarding its operations and serving clients.


The Security PWM becomes mandatory, reinforcing APRO’s commitment to industry-leading standards and employee welfare.


APRO implements the Progressive Wage Model (PWM), prioritizing fair wages and professional development for its workforce.


Recognized for its expertise, APRO joins the esteemed Security Tripartite Cluster (STC), contributing to industry collaboration and development.


APRO’s current owners acquire 100% ownership, ushering in a new era of leadership with the appointment of fresh directors.



SARS Outbreak

Amid the SARS outbreak, APRO adapts to new security concerns. The Singapore Police Force introduces the Grading of Security Agencies, with APRO achieving the prestigious Grade A status.


Following the 9/11 attacks, APRO intensifies efforts to enhance security standards, responding to evolving global threats.


APRO sets up its Training Centre, signalling a commitment to excellence in education and a fresh corporate identity.


APRO establishes its technology division, pioneering integrated security solutions for clients.


Inchscape sells 51% share to APRO’s current owners, marking a pivotal moment in the company’s growth trajectory



Founding of APRO

Founded by Teab Security Systems Pte Ltd and Inchscape Bhd, APRO revolutionizes the industry by introducing structured security training for all officers.